Thursday, December 4, 2014

Bad News, Good News...and Very Good News!

Well....I fell off the proverbial wagon again, but this time I had a lot of help, in the form of Plantar Fasciitis (Bad News).  Long story short...the pain in my feet was caused by tiny tears in the Achilles tendon, which wraps underneath the length of the foot.  Pretty much the result of too much weight, not enough stretching, and years of crappy shoes.

I walked through a lot of pain, but it finally became unbearable, so I went to the Dr., who put me on a diet of rest, good shoes, stretches, and meds, in that order.  He warned me that healing would be a slow process, and he was right.  But I *am* healing, and that's what's important. 

So yeah...I derailed again.  But I'm all better now, and ready to get 'er done! (Good News)

This time, though, I have help in the form of a big group of friends who are all In This Together (Very Good News). We have all linked up to MyFitnessPal to give each other support, and are planning to wage all-out war starting on January 5th.  We decided that starting any sooner with the holidays upon us would be a recipe for disaster.  I do understand that at some point I have to grow up and learn to deal with the holidays, but I also know that for all my walking knowledge, I still haven't learned how to crawl.

So....baby steps, here I come.  Again.

The important thing is not to give up....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment