Friday, January 30, 2015

Small Changes

I did decide to change my weigh-in day to Friday, mostly based on the fact that everyone else has decided to use that day, and I want to be on the same page.  After stepping on the scale on Monday, as usual, and then Tuesday for correction, I didn't really expect to see much today and was pleasantly surprised to note a .6 loss, which puts my overall loss at 18 lbs exactly.  That's nice.

I've always said that when you're my size, it takes about 30 to 35 lbs to start really noticing a difference.  I meant for ME to start noticing, but apparently, it's already starting to show to those around me.  Someone mentioned it this morning.  That's kinda nice, but I really wasn't expecting it, and I'm not sure I believe it....yet.  When I start noticing myself, I think I'll be more apt to believe it.

Keith hurt his knee this week, so for the time being I'm back to prepping my own food.  It really makes me appreciate how lucky I am to have someone to do that for me every day.  Tonight, we have a good friend coming into town for the weekend, and it's going to throw me a curve ball.  Probably not so much in the food department, but I've already suffered in the workout department this week, and with the bad weather continuing, I doubt that's going to improve much.  If she wasn't going to be here, I could at least get my day one and two workouts in this weekend, but I'm way too self-conscious to do them in her presence, no matter how good a friend she is. I'm hoping that mentality will change eventually, but it will be a ways down the road, I'm sure.  Baby steps.

Meanwhile back at the ranch...I doubt I'll be able to blog again before Monday, but I expect there will be lots to tell by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment