Friday, February 27, 2015

A Pox on This Snow!!

Today should be my weekly weigh-in day, but because I'm not home, it's not.  I made a mistake by trying to get on Tracy's scale this morning, but no matter what it read, I wasn't going to be happy with it, so I'm not sure why I even tried. If it had registered a loss, I wouldn't have trusted it, and the gain I saw I'm not sure WAS an actual gain.

That said, I have been very slack on my water for the past three days, and I've indulged in some peanuts that were salted, although I tried to get as much salt off as possible as I ate them.  Still...it all adds up.  So my plan for the next couple of days is to flush my body with as much water as I can stand, and do my best to stay STRICTLY on point until I can get back to my OWN scale, which will measure the gain/loss accurately, even if the weight itself is not specifically accurate.

I can feel myself getting really antsy.  Today makes a week since I've been home, and I am really, really ready to be back there. I miss my hubby....terribly.  I miss my boys.  I miss my comfort zone.  I really appreciate Tracy's hospitality this week, but sleeping on her couch is taking its toll on my body, as well, and I am longing for my own bed.  I know all this stress has been contributing to my not-so-strict adherence to my protocol, but at this point in the program, I absolutely can NOT afford to fall off the wagon, as I have so many times in the past.  I MUST stay the course!!

So...back to being a good girl....the best girl I know how to be.  And the rest will just have to sort itself out over the weekend. I'm not a child that can't handle a little adversity.  I'm not a whiner....at least, I don't want to be.  And if I can't suck up a few days away from home, then I'm not as tough as I've always let on to the world that I was.  And that, to me, is unacceptable.  I can tough out a couple more days, and then I'll be home, and the worst of this winter, God willing, will be OVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment