Thursday, March 5, 2015

Antsy-ness

After some really stellar back-and-forth Winter to Spring weather this week, we have now swung back to Winter with a vengeance.  Yesterday, when I left the office, it was an almost warm 70+ degrees outside, with blue skies and fluffy clouds.  Today, we're expecting a wintery mix, culminating in ice.  It's enough to drive you mad.  And it's a wonder everybody's not dead from pneumonia with the fluctuations.

I've been staying pretty much on point with my eating, but snacking too much on peanuts and cashews this week.  Even though my calories are still under my limit, it's not good for me, and I know it.  On top of that, no matter how I try to 'wipe off the salt' as I eat, I know I'm getting MUCH more than I should have, and that's making me retain water and giving me tummy issues.

Oh...and did I mention I went two days without drinking any water?  TWO DAYS.

This is not good.  And it's why...in lieu of the fact that I've made plans to spend tonight at Tracy's so I can get into work tomorrow, so won't be home for my Friday weigh-in....when I stepped on the scale a day early this morning, I registered, for the FIRST time....no change.

I shouldn't be surprised that this has happened....my body is probably needing a breather to adjust to the almost 30 lb. loss.  But I'd be lying if I didn't say it wasn't highly unnerving.

SOOO....today, I'm staying on point, going light on my dinner, and FLUSHING my body like crazy with as much water as I can stand.  I won't be able to weigh until Saturday morning...and only then if I'm lucky enough to be able to get home tomorrow night, but I'm hoping that my efforts now will pay off with at least a 1 lb loss.  I really need to see that to keep my morale boosted.  I know I shouldn't, because I know that I'm doing what's best for my body, regardless of what the scale shows, but right now, it's important to me to get some payback for all my hard work so I can keep this going.  I'm very proud that I've managed 60 days so far, and I don't want to stall now.  So yes, I'm a bit antsy.  And I am so ready for this bad weather to be GONE!!! It's really driving me crazy right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment