Friday, April 17, 2015

At Last...Progress!

I feel like it took me MONTHS to get out of the 240's, but realistically, it only took me six weeks (hah!).  I'm hoping that is what a plateau looks like to me....movement, but excruciatingly slow.  I have yet to have a week with no loss, thank God.  But I'm really happy to report that I AM now officially out of that damned decade and on to greater things.  I lost two pounds this week for a total of 42 lost, and am now at 238.8.  Hopefully, this decade will only take me a couple of weeks to dust and I'll be rockin' the 220's before I know it!

I was so antsy all day yesterday, leading up to my run last night.  I'm really loving that I'm so looking forward to my runs again. They don't feel like a chore any more, more like a treat that I have to wait for.  I contribute a lot of this to the fact that I'm having to wait a day between each run, which has me chomping at the bit to get out there...a very good thing at this point in the program.

Last night, the run felt very heavy to me.  I made sure to eat good before going out, but I'm not sure that I hydrated well enough early enough in the day to do me any good on the track.  I always run with a water bottle, a habit I will probably need to think about breaking at some point (way down the road), but I really need to be hydrated before I step on the track to keep my energy level up.  Still, I battled through it and did really well, I think.  I shaved a couple of minutes off my Sunday run, which was basically the same run.  Although a 15:31 pace is still turtle-worthy, it's pretty good for ME, starting out again, and I'm happy with it.

I'm already drumming my fingers, waiting for tomorrow. I'm gonna get out there early.

No comments:

Post a Comment