Thursday, May 21, 2015

Intervals!

It was a good day to run intervals...not too hot, not too sunny, not too overcast.  Not too anything, really.  And by the time I was able to get out on the track, it was late enough in the day not to be too populated, either.

Except for that guy.  The one who had no business being out there, strolling along in his flip-flops talking non-stop on his phone, meandering around the track and the infield, and wandering in and out of the inside lane like he owned it.  I almost brained him, because he was seriously messing with my chi.  Intervals are my favorite.  I look forward to them all freaking week, so when somebody screws with my vibe, it pisses me off.

Enough, in fact, that I actually missed when the app called the end of the workout and kept running, heh heh.  Serves me right.

Really, though....who does that??

My splits weren't too shabby, and although, as usual, it felt like I was running through molasses (especially at the end), I still managed to get some pretty good paces in, my fastest being a sub 10:00. Not sure why the intervals won't upload...so you'll have to make do with a pic of the mileage paces. I just wish I could sustain even the slowest of those paces for longer than a minute or two.  I'd be happy, I swear.  I know it will come in time, but it's just so frustrating to be able to have it so tantalizingly close and not be able to grasp it. And believe me when I tell you that I'm giving it everything I've got, leaving it all on the track.  My legs are complete noodles when I've finished, I promise.

Still...the feeling when you're done...

I walked a couple of laps after I quit running, mainly just enjoying the evening.  The shadows were growing really long across the field, and my shadow looked like a compass.  I thought it was funny, so I took a pic.  That's me, awright.... no body, allllll legs.

One day soon, those legs will carry me across a finish line not too far away.  And one day, not soon after that, another.  And then another...

I love running so much.  Not sure why I ever stopped.  There's nothing like that feeling of accomplishment when you're done.  They call it the 'runner's high', but that's just the physical side.  The mental side is just as much of a rush, if not more so.  It's what self-empowerment feels like, and it's awesome.

After I got done, I had to run by the store and pick up a few things we were out of.  It was getting pretty late, and I was starving by then.  I was also still at least an hour away from dinner, and somehow, I found myself in the Kind bar aisle.  Kinda funny how that happens...     

The kind I usually get (Cashew and Ginger Spice) was out because I bought up all they had last weekend (heh heh), so I had to choose a different kind and wound up with this little gem.  Holy moly, was it good!  Sweet, but not sweet enough to trigger anything (only 5g of sugar), and so satisfying!  I was a happy camper, for real. 

I've really gotten to where I love these bars in a way I never thought I would love any kind of protein or energy bar.  Every bite feels like I'm doing something good for my body, and feeding it real nutrition.  Maybe it's hype....maybe it's packaging....but with only about six ingredients (all of which I have no problem pronouncing), I will live with it if I'm wrong.

2 comments:

  1. I love kind bars. I get the savory ones at Target - Thai chili and bbq are my favorites. They're lightly sweet, but not triggering. I am doing a Whole30 right now so I haven't had any in a little while, but I liked having one in my purse after work while I ran around doing errands during the school year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're awesome! I'll have to try those, too. Right now, I'm trying to stick with the ones with the lowest sugar content (and everything else), but I'm not sure I've looked at those yet. I'll have to check out my Target....

      Delete