Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Catching Up...

Wow...can't believe it's been almost two weeks since I've posted! Time sure flies...


An awful lot has happened in that time, too.  Lots of miles banged out, a couple more pounds off...you know, the usual.  As part of a challenge posted on one of my online fitness groups, I set a goal of 80 miles done in the month of August.  So far, I'm at 69.66 for the month, with a week to go. Today is a run day, so probably half of the remainder will be done today.


I took comp time off last week to spend time with my honey. Our anniversary was Thursday, so I took a stay-cation week, and we worked on Tracy's house all week. It's coming along beautifully, by the way.  Thursday was ALSO the night I was to run my 5K, but more on that later. :)


I've done very well with my runs over the past two weeks, despite my IT band issues. Interestingly enough, after my research, I shifted my mechanics once again, so I could feel my glutes working as I ran.  Almost overnight, the pain vanished!  Can't say the same for my glutes, though....oy, vey!  The good part of that (besides no pain) is that I can finally tell I'm working the muscles that have so badly needed working.  Now...if I can just up the strength training to build up my core like I keep SAYING I'm gonna do, but never seem to find the time for....


My food is right on par, as well, and I will be devoting an entire post in the coming days to breaking down exactly what I'm doing.  Tomorrow's post will be solely on the awesome race last week that was Bristol. Spoiler alert: I *did* make it across the finish line. Stay tuned...

No comments:

Post a Comment