Friday, September 4, 2015

Weigh-In Day!

I'm really glad to see that my funk from earlier this week has completely lifted. I totally contribute that to busting out 7 plus miles on Tuesday night.  Last night, I did it again.  It wasn't my goal, but by the time I got through with my run, I had run a 10K... and PR'ed it!!


Holy smokes....take that, funk!

The best time I've had for that distance up until now was when I ran the Peachtree Road Race back in 2009.  I finished in 1:28:22 back then, and this was over a minute faster.  I was incredibly happy, considering I really wasn't running for speed at all, and I know I can go faster.

In fact, this whole week has really been about the mileage.  I know that a lot of folks are into 'intuitive eating'.  Apparently, I'm giving 'intuitive running' a try, because I'm doing what my body is telling me it wants to do.  And I'm kinda liking that...as long as it doesn't say "easy chair', because that's when I take back the reins.  Seriously, it felt wonderful just to let the miles tick by and give myself permission to just be in the moment.  I think my soul has benefitted every bit as much...if not more...than my body has.  And aside from being a bit creaky the next morning, I've seemed to be none the worse for wear.

Today is not a run day, but I've still managed a 3-mile walk to add to my September totals.  I'm working late tonight, but tomorrow will be another run day for me, and another work day, too.  So right now, the plan is to get up early, run while it's cool, go in to work while I'm in town (doesn't matter if I'm in my running clothes...nobody else will be there), and get home as early as possible to enjoy as much of my day as I can.  How many miles I go remains to be seen.  I think I'll just start running again, and let my body decide. I love that the weather is turning, though...cooler temps (and falling leaves) are right around the corner.  As a matter of fact, they are already turning and dropping up here in the mountains, and it's not even officially Autumn yet!

This morning, being Friday, was weigh-in day, and I'm down another pound, which gets me into single digits.  Another ten pounds will put me in One-derland, at the same weight I was at (199) when I stopped losing before.  I'm not really worried that I'll stop again....going so much slower with my loss this time has allowed my brain to acclimate to my changing body in a way it wasn't able to before.  I wish I'd had someone to warn me about that....but I doubt I would have listened, anyway.

Sunday, I'm going to do my best not to have to work, but I may go in for a couple of hours.  Monday, I'm definitely working, and working late the rest of the week, to free up my schedule when Keith gets back in town. I try to work all my overtime while he's gone, so we can enjoy more time together. Not much joy in my 3-day holiday weekend, but staying busy will help the time pass faster, so I'm glad for it.  But Monday is a run day, too, so I get to look forward to two of them over the long weekend! :)

What about you? Any fun plans for the holiday?  How will the long weekend affect your workout plans....or will it?



No comments:

Post a Comment