Thursday, October 8, 2015

Easy Breezy

...not.  But my five-mile run last night was much better than it has been for the past couple of weeks, for sure!  Seems like I've been on a roll lately where I couldn't get a run with a pace under 13:00 min/mi to save my life!  And I'd been doing so well with the 12:00 min/mi pace before that!  I'd almost begun to think that running that fast was becoming second nature.


HAH.


Nothing about this sport is second nature to me, nor will it ever be, I'm sure of it.  Everything I do to gain ground will always be a battle, but I'm willing to live with that. Running will always be my sport, regardless of whether I ever crack a 10 minute mile or not.  Besides...as I have to keep reminding myself, I've only been running since April, and I've made amazing strides (no pun intended) since then!  I'm already faster than I've ever been, and although I really don't expect to, given the nature of a color run (lots of fun, not too much seriousness), it would not be outside the realm of possibility for me to PR my race on Saturday.


I walked the last half mile or so last night, and even though I did, I still came in with a 12:53 pace, but I managed to take a screen shot as soon as I ended the running part, so I'd have proof that my pace was actually much faster before I started walking, lol. 


I have one more run I want to do before the race on Saturday...a two-miler this afternoon. Not gonna push it, just do the distance and go home.  Normally, I'd never run two days in a row, but I definitely don't want to run the day before the race, so this is the better option. Two miles shouldn't strain me overly much.


This color run on Saturday may be the last one of it's kind for me. I'm sure it will be a lot of fun, especially since I'll be running / walking it with a team of coworkers, but I can already tell that timed races suit me much better.  Still...I'll be able to cross another item off my bucket list, and I'm pretty happy about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment