Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Getting back on the horse. Again.

I think my life is a series of 'back in the saddle' moments.  I guess it always will be, but the important thing, I'm finding, is that I am, indeed, ready, willing and able to do just that, regardless of how many times it becomes necessary.  What in the world has sidelined me THIS time, you might ask, as well you should.  Well...

     1. A monster virus that laid me out for two days...literally.  Didn't get out of bed, except to run to the bathroom.  It wasn't pretty. At. All.

     2. One day later...a monster cold that I'm still coughing and sneezing from, three weeks later.

     3. The months of March and April are the two busiest months of the year for me at work....BTTW busy.

     4. My youngest daughter moving back home from Missouri with two little ones in tow, who are all now firmly ensconsed in our camper, because...

     5. Even though it is still Renovation Central, we FINALLY moved into our new house!

We're not totally settled in yet, but at least, the power tools are up and out of the way, and we have some furniture now.  This alone is enough to make me do the Snoopy Dance.  But I think it's obvious why my stress level has been through the roof the past three weeks or so. 

The thing is this....

     1. I may have been sidelined for two days with a nasty virus, but it's gone, now.  Been gone, in fact.  I got this.

     2. I may have caught the Cold from Hell....but I'm pretty much over that, too.  And as long as I've got a kleenex in my pocket, it's all good.  I got this, too.

     3. I may still be busy at work, but the worst by far is over...so, I got this.

    4.  The kids are moved in, and a routine has been established.  This, I got.

     5.  In fact, my daughter is helping me tremendously with getting my house in order, and I couldn't ask for more on that count....so I got this, more than any other.

Which means I have effectively run out of excuses why I can't get myself in gear right now.

*sigh*  It's hell starting over, but I only have myself to blame.  Not my friends, family, work, lifestyle, wild nightlife, or the mating habits of indiginous fauna in the tropical rainforests of Ecuador. 

Only myself. 

Well, that, and my penchant for scarfing down every available edible thing in sight, if I give myself the slightest excuse to do so.  I dread getting on the scale on Saturday, but if I start tomorrow morning, it will give me three whole days' head start on what I'm sure will be a significant blow to the beautiful number at the top of this page.  Still....all forward motion counts, right? 

So here I go, yet again.  Don't wish me luck, though.  Wisdom is what is needed here.....that, and a whole lot of common sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment