Saturday, February 10, 2018

A Slushy Saturday

ome days, it feels like the Universe is conspiring against me.  Some weeks feel the same way.  Between bad weather and unplanned trips, this has been one of those weeks.  Still, I feel like all things considered, I've been doing fairly well, under the circumstances.

In the first ten days of February, I've managed a little over 5 1/2 miles of walking. Not a huge amount, but a huge start for me. Thursday and Friday were beautiful days, and after a LOT of rain earlier in the week, I had planned to make a two or three mile day out of both days...but Keith and I had to make an unscheduled trip to Knoxville on Thursday afternoon to pick up a load of tile, which took FOREVER, and the load was so heavy it actually put one of the tires on the dump trailer off its rim.  Considering the load we had to pull 100 miles back home, that was a lot of fun to fix. In the cold.  And dark.  Needless to say, we got home in the wee hours of the morning. Safe, but exhausted.  The lack of sleep forced me to take an unplanned day off of work on Friday, and I slept a lot of the day away.  I guess part of the reality of getting older is admitting to yourself you just can't pull crazy stunts and burn the midnight road trip oil like you could even ten years earlier.

Of course, today is rainy and cold...a really slushy day, so I won't get any mileage in today, either.  But I do have a lot of housework to look forward to, so I'll be burning a lot of calories, regardless.  I sure will be glad when the weather turns.

Despite the lack of mileage, my eating has been really good, and I'm pleased with my overall progress.  Slow and steady wins the race, and I've said often that I don't care how long it takes me to get there....just as long as I do.  And I am definitely headed in the right direction.

Monday, our daughter Jessica will be coming up from Atlanta for a work week, and I am really looking forward to spending some time with her.  It will be a challenge to keep my mileage streak going, with the temptation to come straight home being very strong.  So I will do what I can to walk on my lunch break as much as I can. I will still have to work late, but at least it will save some time.

I really miss not being able to blog from work. I really like putting my feelings down on paper in the mornings while my thoughts are still fresh.  Hopefully, my computer will stop having issues and I'll be able to get back to blogging more regularly. Or maybe I can find a better solution.  Until then, I'll probably just post on the weekends as I can.

What about you? What is the weather like in your part of the world?  What are you doing to make today count toward your goals?

2 comments:

  1. I am back to California and SO spoiled by the weather. It was in the 70s all last week, today it was low 60s and we bundled up! :) I wish there was a good app for Blogger. What I've started doing is dictating posts to the Notes app on my phone as I have ideas, then compiling them once I carve out a little time. Enjoy the visit with your daughter!

    ReplyDelete