Friday, December 11, 2015

Christmas in July

The weather is amazing right now. Temps in the mid 50 to mid 60's and blue skies...just what my heart and mind needed to help stabilize me after such a rough fall. It's been wonderful the past couple of days to be able to get out of the gym and actually pound the pavement again!  My runs have shown that I've benefitted from that treadmill time...the speeds haven't increased (I haven't really been pushing for them to, honestly), but I can feel how much easier it's coming to maintain at that speed, so I know I'm improving, even though it's not translating into my pace time yet.


My Lovely Ladies group issued a 24 Hours of Holiday Fitness Challenge back in November to keep everyone motivated to keep moving through the holiday season. I wish I'd been able to start at the beginning with them...it might have really helped me break that funk I was in all of October and November, but I didn't join up with them until right before Thanksgiving, and so I joined the challenge the day after. It's really helped me in terms of keeping an activity streak going, and this month so far, I've already racked up 46 miles with no full-rest days (and only one activity-only day!), so I couldn't be more pleased! Can't wait to see my totals for the month, but if I stay on this streak, I'm going to wind up blowing my goals for the month totally out of the water.

I'm glad it's going as well as it is, because my weigh-in this morning left a bit to be desired. My body feels like I've lost a bit, but the scale says I gained two pounds, so I'm back up to 201 this morning.  Personally, I think it has less to do with weight and more to do with the salt on the rim of my margarita glass Wednesday night when we met old friends for dinner.  Ask me if I'd do it over again...go ahead.  Next week will be better, and I'll be sure and work on flushing all that excess sodium out of my system this week.

Since I didn't run Wednesday night, I ran last night...great run outside with my BRB, Sheila, working on endurance more than speed...and I took tonight off because I have to work tomorrow.  Knowing I'll be in town on a beautiful Saturday is too good an opportunity to miss a long run on the Tweetsie Trail, so I'll have that to look forward to all day after I get off work! Can't wait for that.

Yes, I have become that person. And I'm ok with that.

Sometime this weekend, I have to go shopping for all the ingredients for the yummy things I'll be bringing to work on Tuesday when my team is at bat in the Four Days of Christmas (basically a week of eating that will rival the entire rest of the year). I won't have to actually do any cooking until Monday night and Tuesday morning, so Sunday (since that will be my only day off), I'm clearing my schedule for some well-deserved decompression so I can go into next week well-rested. 

Don't ask me when I'm planning on getting my Christmas shopping done...God help me, I have no idea.

What about you? How are your goals for the month shaping up? Is the weather awesome where you are, and are you able to take advantage of it? Any plans for this weekend....is your Christmas shopping all done?

No comments:

Post a Comment