Thursday, October 1, 2015

September Wrap-Up and Goals for October

Wow...can't believe September is over already!  Where did the time go?  Summer is officially over, Fall is here with a vengeance, and it's going to be very interesting to see how the weather change is going to affect my running and / or mileage.  I had some really great runs over the course of the month, and actually went over my goal of 100 miles for the month.


So...to recap, here are my September statistics:


Goal: 100 miles in 30 days
Actual:  112.71 miles in 30 days, of which 6 days were rest days.
Average:  4.70 miles per day (on the days I had mileage)


I'm going to up my goal for October to 105 miles. That's not a lot, considering that I pretty much blew my September goal away, but I'm trying to consider that the weather's going to be much more challenging this month, and I want to be realistic with my goals. There's nothing more discouraging than to set a goal that there's no way you can meet (or at least there's a very slim chance of meeting it).


I'm also going to make it a written goal (although I've already been actively pursuing it for some time) to try to get some amount of mileage or activity in every single day. With 6 rest days in September, there's still some good room for improvement.  I will say that my 'rest' days are an area that has seen significant improvement, and I'm very encouraged by that.


I started running in April. That month, I logged 19 rest days.  That dropped to 13 in May, back up to 19 in June (health issues and visiting grandkids will do that to you), back down to 10 in July, 10 again in August, and finally down to 6 in September.  I'd love to say I don't want to see any in October, but I'm not sure that's realistic, so I'm going to set my goal to have no more than 4 rest days this month.  And by 'rest', I mean a day with no mileage, not that I have no logged activity that day.


In plain English, here are my October goals:


  • 105 miles logged.
  • No activity-less days.
  • 4 days or less of mileage-less 'rest' days.
I think that should work pretty well.


I updated my monthly mileage chart to include all the mileage I've accumulated since I began running back in April.  Unfortunately, the entire chart is way too big to post to the mileage tab, so I will just keep the last 3 months posted at any given time, and give you a rundown here:


April:             32.23 miles logged
May:              54.49 miles logged
June:              28.55 miles logged
July:               85.19 miles logged
August:          91.23 miles logged
September:   112.71 miles logged


Total:            404.40 miles for 2015 to date!


Holy cow....I've almost run to Atlanta and back!

No comments:

Post a Comment