Saturday, December 29, 2012

Getting started....again.

So, in anticipation of the big starter gunshot going off this morning, I actually went by the grocery store last night on my way home and did the shopping for all of us for the next two weeks.  Well...at least, for the guys.  It will remain to be seen just how far my rations will go.  Fish is expensive, omg!  But I'll figure it out as I go, I'm sure. 

One thing I've been very careful about this time is not taking things for granted that I remember correctly.  In my previous attempts, I guesstimated things like portion sizes and the types of fruits and veggies, etc. I needed to be using.  This time, I made sure to reread the manual (which I'm still in the process of), and invest in a food scale so I can be sure I'm eating the right amount.  Interesting to note that although I was fudging on my veggie types before, I was also not eating enough protein. 

So far today, I've done both very well, and not so hot.  In the amounts and quality of food I've eaten, I've done stellar.  I've also managed to put away almost my entire allotment of water, and will by the time I go to bed.  So I'm very pleased about that part.  I also weighed, measured, and photographed, first thing this morning, so I have all my documentation in order.  Very stoked about that, and already looking forward to my first 6-week comparison. 

On the not so hot side, however, I got up late and so I started off behind the 8-ball in terms of dividing my meals up in a time to spread them evenly across the day.  By the time I'd had my first meal, I should have been getting ready for my third....not good.  So I'm writing this at 9pm, and still have one meal to go before I go to bed. 

Tomorrow, I know will be better and more organized.  I have a lot to do, and with the guys underfoot all day today (bad weather), I wasn't able to accomplish what I'd set out to do.  Unorganization kicked my butt today, but by tomorrow afternoon, I know I'll be on track. 

I also didn't get my workout in today....but I do think I'll be ok on that, if I do day one tomorrow while the guys are gone, and since i'll be off on Tuesday, I can do day 2 then.  So I'll still get them in this week...I'll just be a day short on my walking.  Still...as long as it doesn't become a habit, I'm not going to sweat one day.  I don't want to be so rigid in my routine that it becomes a self-defeating thing.  I'm planning to go the distance this time, and so I want to be smart about my decisions.

Still feeling very jazzed right now....so much so, that I had tears of excitement on my way home last night, looking forward to this.  It just feels different in every way....and I know that my head is right.  SO excited for that!!!

Right now, it is not my plan to update daily....but I do intend to update if I feel I have something worth saying.  Guess it remains to be seen how often that will be. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment