Friday, December 28, 2012

Project Crackerjill

Ok...I am officially excited.  I mean REALLY excited.  You'd think I was going to a race or something, I'm so excited.  I have spent this entire week planning for the Big Start, which will be tomorrow, and I am literally squirming in my seat at the prospect.

What's WRONG with me?

Absolutely nothing!  In fact, it's what's right....which is that my mindset is so different right now, it's scary.  And that makes me ecstatic.

Cracker Jack PrizeLast night, I was laying in bed, planning out the spreadsheet I will be using to log my weigh-ins, very similar to the one I used back in 2005 (which was long ago relegated to a now-defunct floppy disk), and it occurred to me that a project of this magnitude (rest assured, this IS a monumental project) deserves a name...one that would really personify my goals and expectations.  So I started thinking about what I was actually trying to accomplish, and decided that what I was really after was to unearth the healthy me that has been hidden so long inside this unhealthy shell....and that unearthing it would be very much like digging the prize out of a Crackerjack box.  Food analogy notwithstanding, that simple childhood joy of finding the prize is really what I'm referring to.  So I decided that I could find no better name to perfectly encapsulate what I'm doing. 

Henceforth, this project shall be dubbed Project Crackerjill.

No comments:

Post a Comment