Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Update Time

...again! How does it get past me so quickly?  Actually, I'm surprised that I get to update as often as I do.  Work just owns my soul these days.  So...here goes a bullet list:




  • Friday--great 4-miler at a 12:35 pace.  After the last few runs being for distance, I pushed for speed on this run, and got it.  I'm finding it easier and easier these days to keep my runs in the 12:00-13:00 min/mi range, as opposed to greater than 13:00.  I should add 'when I'm going for speed', because on distance runs, I'm still tending to be in the 13:00-14:00 min/mi range.  That's ok....I can still see progress coming with every run. And it's so amazing to me, considering that I've only been running a little over 5 months!
  • Saturday--rest day.  Went shopping with a friend, and Keith came home from Atlanta after two weeks. We both needed a rest day desperately, as we work twice as hard when he's gone so that we can spend as much time together as possible once he comes home.  We just kind of crashed on Saturday evening...and life was good.
  • Sunday--it turned very cool, dropping down into the 40's overnight, and was so chilly and overcast Sunday morning, that I decided to postpone my run until that afternoon.  Good call...by the time I left, the sky had cleared, and it was perfect running temp.  So, I churned out just shy of 9 miles in an out-and-back from Elizabethton to Johnson City (my new favorite route).  The 'out' portion is mostly uphill, and even though I didn't start out to work on my time, I still finished up with a 13:15 pace.  I did my best to beat that on the way back, and even though my legs were shot, the downhill grade helped out enough to earn me a 12:11 pace. Holy cow...I'm still in awe of that!
  • Monday--rest day, but I still got a 3.25 mile walk in at lunch.  I'm aiming to do that every day this week, but I'm not sure how that's actually gonna go.  Still, the weather's supposed to be beautiful every day, so I'm hopeful!

No comments:

Post a Comment