Tuesday, January 3, 2023

New Year, New Goals. 2023, Be Good To Me!



ell, 2023 is here.  A new chance to write a new chapter in a 12 chapter book with 365 pages in it.  I love that concept...the ability to create my own story. 

I've done it before; I can do it again.

It's just a matter of dedicating myself to ME.  That's a really strong statement, and it takes everything I've got, because concentrating on me goes against my very nature. I'm much more inclined to ignore me and concentrate on everyone else.

Why? I wonder...

Why should I be the very least important person of my acquaintance? Why do I deserve less time, less attention, less of everything, than anyone else I know?  I think that deserves some very deep contemplation, because someone, somewhere programmed me to think that way. I don't think that's anyone's natural inclination. In fact, I think our programming would probably more easily go the other way....ME FIRST! LOOK OUT FOR #1!!!

But I've never been that way. I think it's time I find out why.

In the meantime, I've started back on my program, modified slightly to account for the yummy (and healthy!) meals we've been getting from Every Plate each week. I love that I found this company, and am really enjoying their recipes. (In case you're wondering, NO, I am not a 'paid spokesperson' for them, and I am getting nothing for my reviews. I just love their food.)

I plan on having four small meals per day, and then my regular meal in the evening. Breakfast will consist of 2 eggs and half a grapefruit, the other three meals will be 2 oz of chicken and a cup of salad greens or a green vegetable.  

I plan on stopping my coffee intake at noon, and drinking water past that point, and I'm hoping to get in my 8-8's every day.

For now, this is my plan.  Where, you may ask, is the exercise?

Oh, she's coming. Just not quite yet. I think before, I've had an issue with starting too much at once. So for the moment, I'm going to concentrate on getting my food down. February is soon enough to start back with my walks. And maybe, depending on how I feel at that point, I might even start back trying to run a bit in March.

But for now, I'm just gonna concentrate on baby steps. I hope you'll join me on my new journey, and share yours with me as well. Positive support is everything, so if you're struggling, let me know so I can support and pray for you on your journey, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment