Monday, January 9, 2023

Reporting In


ow that I'm off and running, I can start looking back to see what I can do better. This week was really smooth until I hit the weekend, and that's when I starting having trouble.  

No....it's not what you think. In fact, if anything, it's quite the opposite.  I'm not eating too MUCH on the weekends, I'm actually eating too little.  During the week, my schedule is defined by my work calendar.  As such, I can set reminders to go off when I need to do things...in my case, like EAT. So...my little bell dings, and I get up and go fix my next meal.  But on the weekends, I don't get that. Consequently, I get up on Saturday morning, fix my breakfast, and start cleaning/organizing/making grocery lists, whatever it is, and before I know it, it's 2:30 and I've literally missed 3 meals that I should have eaten.  That's a problem when you're trying to eat several small meals during the day to keep your metabolic fire stoked and burning properly.  

I think I'm going to have to set some reminder alarms on my phone for the weekends so that I can work on that better.  I want to make sure I'm staying on track every day, and not just during the week.  Consistency is so important. The more consistent I am with this, the more my body responds.

So....I have a game plan for this weekend. Lesson learned. The first of many, I'm sure.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, I was able to weigh myself this morning.  First, I lost 7 lbs last week (yay!), and second, I was able to see that first digit drop.  Now I'm officially in the 2's again!  It's still a very long way to One-derland from here, but that's ok. I've made it before and I'll make it again.  This time, I'm going to work on STAYING there instead of just visiting for a minute.

But that's not my only good news. I think the better news is that my body is starting to lose a lot of its normal aches and pains. I'm sleeping a little better (more comfortably), feeling better when I wake up and I've got a bit more energy, too.  I'll take that win any day. It's nice not to feel so old for a change. I'd almost forgotten how good it feels not to have my joints hollering every time I move.

So far, so good. I'm very encouraged by my progress and my mental status right now.  Onward and upward to week 2....

No comments:

Post a Comment