Sunday, February 3, 2013

Week Five Reckoning....and weekend wrap-up.

As rocky as this week started out, I think it pretty much ended up on a good note.  Friday afternoon, I worked hard to get out of work on time.  And after running the necessary (evil) errands, I scooted home, kicked everyone out, and did my Day 1 workout.  Gawd, it felt so good.  And after working so hard all week, I was more than ready to recoup with a good weigh-in on Saturday morning.  I was not disappointed....another 2.6 gone, for a total of 17.5 down, and I weighed in at 243, officially.  So...I was on a roll.

Saturday was spent on the road to go spend the day with our oldest grandsons, and I made sure to get up early and pack all my food for the day, so I wouldn't have any excuses.  I was glad I did...the weather turned horrible, and we got back much later than we'd planned.  About four hours after my last meal, I found myself needing to make a choice whether to tough it out and wait another two or three hours to get home for my last meal...or to try to stop and find something I could eat.  I chose as wisely as I could....turkey jerkey at a truck stop.  I honestly don't think I could have done much better, given the selection I had to choose from.
 Sunday morning, I slept in a bit, but got up early enough to be able to cook my protein for the next few days before we headed to town for a while.  I did not take food with me, although the weather is still bad here (icy roads), and was starving by the time we got home.  Of course, today being Superbowl Sunday, the guys had to load up on munchies for the game, and I found myself needing to sample a bite of this dip, a morsel of that wing...and finally had to force myself to stop before I had done too much damage. 

Still...sitting here, with a jar of spinach dip and a bag of Tostitos within easy reach is almost stretching me to the limits of my endurance.  They say the more you work at it, the easier it gets.  I certainly hope so, cuz this ain't fun.  I do know that I need to learn how to take a bite of 'real' food here and there without it tanking all my progress, and I feel like baby steps are the best way to get there. I will not get derailed because I ate two chips...I will not. I'm in this for the long haul...and that will last way beyond any football game.



No comments:

Post a Comment