Saturday, February 9, 2013

Week Six Reckoning.

Well...it's been six weeks now, on this incredible journey, and I'm well on my way to my goal. I've already accomplished so much more than I had ever imagined, not in terms of weight loss (although certainly that way, too), but in the lessons I've learned and the level of understanding I've discovered about myself. It's really incredible to know that a journey of this magnitude can be taken up at any age or shape, and still be equally as incredible. And it IS the journey that is giving me so much joy this time. I have really found a joy in the process....to my great surprise.
I fought this week to hit the 20 lb. goal I had set for myself at the beginning of this journey.  As of my weigh-in last Saturday,  I had 2 1/2 lbs. to realize that goal....but to someone who is self-programmed to sabotage herself at every turn, it might as well be the distance to the moon.  
This week, despite all my struggles, I was determined to hit 240.6, if it killed me in the process.

Picture me squealing like a little girl this morning, seeing 238.8 on that scale.
21.8 lbs.?? Really??
 
Oh, my God...I can actually do this. I AM doing it....every single day.

No comments:

Post a Comment