Friday, May 18, 2012

Reckoning

I'm so proud of myself.  This week, I have very carefully watched the makeup of my meals.  I have monitored my portion sizes, and measured my calories.  I have been meticulous in logging everything. 

I have drank the proper amount of water, and in a couple of cases, even gone a bit over for good measure.

I have exercised every day, even if it was just for a few minutes on the days I didn't run.  Today I will complete week two of the C25K running plan, and I will finish this week with style and gusto.

All week long, I have been looking forward to....even eager...to jumping on that scale this morning, excited to see my progress.  I even dreamed about it last night.

Last week, I dropped almost three pounds, from 245.8 to 243.  I even took bets with Keith to see who would be closest....he says he can already see results in my muscle tone (I'm not so sure, but who am I to argue, lol?).  I told him I thought I'd see 240, for sure.  He thought it would be lower.

I was almost giddy when I got up this morning and hauled out the scale.  My grin was from ear to ear, and sitting up in bed watching, Keith couldn't help but laugh at my goofiness as I asked for a drumroll and stepped up.

243.  Are you effing kidding me??

No change?  At all?? 

I am trying to keep my spirits up, really.  I know that my body will need time to adjust, that I am doing everything right, that I am replacing fat with muscle.  Still....it's discouraging as hell to see the scale not move at all.

*sigh* 

I've got a lot of work to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment