Monday, May 21, 2012

Weekend Recap

Despite my disappointment with Friday's weigh-in, I managed to remain positive.  After working half a day on Friday, I got off early and headed straight to the track to finish week two of my C25K running program.  That felt pretty good, so I did a few errands and headed home.

My food was excellent all weekend, and I tracked it all with no problem.  My water was great too, although I didn't quite get it all in yesterday.  Regardless, my calorie count was consistant and under budget both days.

Saturday was spent painting the house next door.  We got the entire living room area done, including both floors, which was quite an accomplishment, especially given the fact that we were using sponges and not rollers or brushes.  My vertigo precludes me from getting on ladders, so I was relegated to doing the lower half of the walls, and so consequently, I spent the entire day bending, stooping, stretching, kneeling, crawling, and scooting across the floor.  And when we were done, we moved all the furniture back.

Although I felt really tired on Saturday night, it was nothing compared to the aches all over my body the next morning...especially my torso.  Wow.  I spent the day popping Excedrin Back and Body and taking it as easy as I could.  I am proud to say that I woke up this morning feeling pretty good, with the exception of my right underarm area, which is still a little sore.  That won't keep me from running this afternoon, though; my legs are solid.

And I've got a race to run.

No comments:

Post a Comment