Friday, May 25, 2012

Reckoning

I had meant to post earlier in the week, but I just wasn't up to it.  A brief review....

Monday, great day, which started my week 3 of the C25K program.  I did well, and ran solid. 

Tuesday....no walkee, no runee.  Not good....gotta work on this.

Wednesday...was supposed to run day 2 of week 3, but woke up feeling like poo, and it didn't improve when I got to work.  Wound up losing my breakfast, so I went home and slept all afternoon.  Felt better, and ate a bowl of watermelon. Later, I had some take-out chicken fettucini alfredo, thinking it would be bland. It was....so freakin' bland I felt like it was a total waste.  Still, I kept it down, and I guess that's what counted.  Still managed not to go over my count for the day, so that was good.  Needless to say, I didn't run.

Thursday should have been an off day, but since I couldn't run Wednesday, I ran Thursday instead.  Felt good on the track, and my eating was good all day.

I feel really good about the choices I've made this week.  My eating has only strengthened as I go, and a huge part of that, I think, is that I am holding myself accountable for everything that goes in my mouth by logging it into myfitnesspal.com.  Every time I'm tempted to grab something (like a donut from the box in the breakroom that someone graciously brought in yesterday), I mentally weigh how many points that will take from my daily allowance, and suddenly, it's not so tempting anymore. Other than that, I'm still eating pretty much what I want....it just so happens that everything I want happens to be on my plan.  I'm not looking a gift horse in the mouth on that one.

On my weigh-in this morning, the official number is 240.6.  Only a teeny bit more will throw me into the next decade, and I can't wait to see that 3 in the 4's place! 

Next week, I want to concentrate on walking more, and starting my resistance training. I'd like to see myself walking two days of the week, running three days, and working with the bands two days....that would be my perfect week. A little som'n every day. :)  And hopefully a blog or two more, as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment