Friday, May 15, 2015

The Status Quo

Yesterday was a run day, and my training schedule had me running for 2 1/2 miles.  That was good, I thought...I can stretch out my muscles and put to use all that wisdom I had gained on Tuesday.

*snort*

I did not have a bad run...not at all.  It was a good, steady run...even though I felt like I was putting a lot of extra effort into it.  But just because I can sustain bursts of speed for short intervals doesn't necessarily mean that I can do it for distances yet, and it's probably going to be a good while before I can.


Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think I had it all figured out that, regardless of what I knew to be true, I was still going to just sprout wings and fly around that track.  Real life ain't that way. 

Yes, it will come in time.  No, it won't be tomorrow. Or even the next day.  But it will come.  It's just like the weight loss....as long as I put in the effort, the results will come, and I am learning to trust in that process a little more every day.

It's interesting that I've noticed in the past few weeks that in conjunction with me learning to trust, my focus has shifted from the weight loss aspect of this journey more towards the fitness aspect.  I am supercharged right now with respect to my running....can't wait to get out there every other day.  And I am so focused on what I need to do with that, with what I need to do to improve that, that I have pretty much just shut out the fact that I'm trying to lose weight along with all this.


This morning, I woke up and was halfway through my morning ritual before I realized it was Friday...weigh in day!  I gave a yelp and rushed to jump on the scale...233.2...down another two pounds for a total of 47.8 pounds lost.  Only 2.2 pounds to go to hit my 50 pound goal.

That's pretty freaking exciting, no doubt.  But I'm actually not looking as forward to meeting that goal as much as I am to hitting the 55.5 pounds lost mark....that is my halfway point!  Still, it's a pretty nice way to end the week and start the new one...and I'm happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment