Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Monday --> RUNday :)

Lord, I've forgotten just how much I love running. There is something about leaving all the stresses of the world behind you and just zoning in to the rhythm of your feet pounding the pavement.  Nothing like it, I swear.  Doesn't matter how fast you are...it matters that you're clearing the cobwebs and going home refreshed.

Yes, refreshed. Not in body, maybe...but most definitely in mind, which is just as important, if not more so.

Last night was in a word...awesome.  Seriously.  I know I am in severe danger of overusing that word, but there is no other description that fits.  The weather was overcast, threatening rain. The wind was refreshing, the temperature cool.  The stars were aligned.  And after a little over a week, I had a sub 15:00 run.

My legs felt good, not rubbery like on Saturday.  My strength was not sapped from heat or lack of fuel.  My body was hydrated well.  And I ran strong.

I am so stinkin' proud of myself.  And I can not wait until tomorrow.  On the agenda: intervals!

No comments:

Post a Comment