Thursday, April 2, 2015

Weekend Challenge

Well....I made one goal, but came just shy of another one. Still very happy, and only slightly disappointed that I didn't make it. I'm down another 2 pounds this morning, which puts me at 241.8...a total of 39.2 pounds lost.  This is awesome, no doubt...especially given that I had to weigh one day early this week. We're going out of town this weekend, headed to Atlanta as I type. It's a business trip with a lot of pleasure thrown in, and I expect to see a lot of family that hasn't seen me since the second week after I started.
I had really wanted to go down and be able to say that I'd lost 40 pounds so far, but dangit, I'm .8 shy of being able to say that. It was the goal I didn't meet. I came close, though! I am at a lower BMI, however, so I can mark that off my list of goals as accomplished.
This weekend will be full of challenges, just as much as the last time we went. But I'm a little better prepared this time, I think. I went out last night and bought a nice rolling cooler. This morning, I packed it full of all my food for the weekend, so I'm all ready. And the cooler means I won't have to be embarrassed about taking up all the room in our hosts' refrigerator, like I was last time.
I'm feeling strong, my resolution is firmly in place, I have tons of energy, and it's April, which means I can get back to the track! My plan is to start next week the day after we get back, but if I can manage to slip away and sneak in a workout while we're gone, so much the better!
No stress, though, either way. If I do, I'll just count it as a bonus. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment