Monday, April 13, 2015

Spring has Sprung!

Wow! What a glorious weekend!  The weather was perfect, including the temps, and my whole body just screamed to get out and enjoy it.  I spent two hours Saturday morning cleaning house, which counted for my cardio that day.  Then I met my friend Tracy to do some car shopping before heading to my in-laws' for dinner.  We got home just after dark to a clean house. I jumped in the shower before heading to bed....what is it about a clean body in freshly washed sheets that feels so exotic, I wonder?

Anyway, since I had gotten so much done on Saturday, I had looked forward to a lazy Sunday, just chilling all day. But Tracy had the Spring Bug and wanted to get out again, so I agreed to ride into town to cut her hair for her.  And since I was going into town anyway...

I had already signed up for a 5K training class on my runkeeper app. I've never really used it before, always preferred endomondo, but since I found that course, I decided to sign up and give it a try.  It just happened to start on Sunday, so I got to the track and booted both apps for comparison.  Definitely liked the runkeeper better....it called out time and pace every five minutes. It also syncs with myfitnesspal, and facebook too, and I was able to complete the first day of my training. 

This course has you running every other day for 8 weeks, and I found out this morning that if I stay on track, I will complete it exactly one week before the Covered Bridge 5k....perfect!  So...that is my goal.  I've already printed out the registration form and have it hanging over my desk at work to keep me motivated.

After my run (a mile and a half solid, by the way, with a warm-up and cool down lap, for a total of two miles done. :) ), I headed to the grocery store to stock up for the week, grabbed us some dinner (a burger for Keith, a salad for me) and some gas, and headed home, feeling extremely accomplished.

Yes, I may have gotten to bed a little later than I should have, and I did lose another hour of sleep around 2:00 in the morning when the coyotes decided to visit...but I still woke up feeling great (besides a little soreness in my quads), and full of energy. 

Today is a rest day. I will be working late all this week, so I will probably try to work an extra hour tonight to free up time tomorrow night, and I should still have enough time when I get home to do my day one workout, which is really short.  That's my plan, anyway.

Man, I wish every weekend could feel like this one did.

No comments:

Post a Comment