Friday, April 24, 2015

Weekly Weigh-In

It's Friday....time to step on the scale, and I was not disappointed this morning. So far on this journey, I have not had a week yet that I haven't lost something, even if it was only a half of a pound.  This morning was no exception...237. I am down another 1.8 pounds, for a total loss of 44 pounds so far, and I am very happy with that.

This weekend is going to be full of challenges, starting today.  I am scheduled to run this afternoon, and although I'm looking forward to it, I'm also wary.  My knee is not 100%, and I'd be lying if I said I wasn't worried about it.  So, the plan is to run, but to run tentatively, to not give it my all, and feel it as I go.  If I feel twinges or pain, I will stop.  It will not be a great pace, but at least I will get the run in and not fall behind in my training.  The last thing I want to do is to have to stop at this stage of the game, just when I'm really making great progress.

After my run, Keith and I are hitting the road.  His birthday is on Monday, so I'm kidnapping him this weekend for a fun time with his brother and sister-in-law in Chattanooga.  Can't wait to see his face when we get there!  He has no idea that they are involved at all...only that he has to pack, lol.

Because this is a celebration weekend, I am not planning to take any food with me. Although we've traveled before, I've always packed my food, so this will be the first time I will be relying on my common sense to get me through the next two days.  I think I will do fine, not worried at all.  My next run will be Sunday, and it is scheduled to be my long run.  I tanked last Saturday, so...knee willing...I'm hoping to go into this one much better prepared.  If there is a treadmill at the hotel, then my plan is to get up early Sunday morning and run before the others get going, but my alternate plan is to run after I get home Sunday evening.  That is a poor choice, because I have no idea how late we'll be getting home, but at least I do have a backup plan.  I do NOT want to skip my runs unless my knee absolutely demands it.  They have become way too important to me.

So...that's my plan, and I'm sure there will be rich food and delightful drink set before me all weekend.  But knowing that I have already planned my steps in advance makes me feel so strong and prepared that I believe I will do well...and I know that we will have an awesome time!

No comments:

Post a Comment