Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Gulp!

So...yesterday, I registered for this...


The Night Race 5K

Don’t miss our second annual  “THE Night Race 5K”. Come out for a fabulous course that is set on Bristol Motor Speedway property and will take you through the Ultimate Night Race Experience.  You will run on Bristol Dragway, Bristol Motor Speedway, campgrounds and finish inside a party to welcome the NASCAR Driver’s haulers in our Transporter Parade, all happening on Thursday, August 20 at 8:30pm. You will enter through the south entrance of Bristol Motor Speedway on Highway 11 and park in lot B.  Runners will then be bussed on location to the start of the race.  Runners must be boarded on bus by 8pm. If you are late to board the bus, this may result in not being able to participate, so please be on time. Packet pickup for the race will begin at 6PM at Gate 8.    
Space is limited to 500 runners and each registered runner will receive a finishers medal and t-shirt. You must PRE-Register. This is an open-controlled course.
 Space is limited. Runners will be capped at 500 participants.



I'm kinda tripping right now, because this is going to be so out of my comfort zone...but I'm also pretty stoked, too.  This is kind of a special deal, don't you think?  Even if you're not a race fan (and I'm not, particularly), how cool is it to stand on a major racetrack, much less run on one?  And it's on our anniversary, too...


Yep.  Pretty cool.



2 comments:

  1. That looks like a lot of fun! I will have to tell my brother in law - he is so funny, he grew up in Minnesota but LOVES Nascar, and now he lives in Tennessee, so I bet he'd love to do the race!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He'd better hurry...it will probably fill up fast. :) This is the second year they've put this race on, and since it's being run in tandem with the arrival of the transport trucks (the 'big' races are that weekend), it's going to be getting more and more popular. I didn't give myself much time to think about it before signing up, because I knew I'd probably chicken out if I did, lol. I have major spatial problems, so being in a venue that huge is probably going to wig me out. Maybe if I just keep looking down.... ;-)

      Delete