Friday, June 5, 2015

Update and Weekly Weigh-In

Holy cow, it's been a minute since I posted, huh?  Geez...where does the time go...?

Well, for one thing, I've been sidelined this week with a physical ailment that is WTMI to share.  Suffice it to say that it would make running extremely uncomfortable...but the plan right now is to start back on Sunday.  Fingers crossed for that...

Lessee....last time I posted, it was my birthday.  So...last Friday, I had interval training. My splits were pretty good, all things considered, I think.  Mostly between 11:00 and 13:00 pace, and considering it was raining that day, I felt good about where I was and what I was doing.

Two of our grandsons are staying with Keith's parents for the next three weeks, so after I got done with my run, I met Keith over there to visit for a while and make plans for the rest of the weekend.  Saturday was spent shopping for the boys and just spending time with them. 

Sunday, I got up early to go for my regular run.  It was a great morning, and Keith dropped me off to do four miles while he went grocery shopping.   I got nice and sweaty, pushed myself hard, and walked away with a sub-15:00 pace.  I was very happy with that.

After that, we picked up little Keith and headed to Lake Watauga for some fishing and picnicking action.  We had a great time watching him fish, and watching our dog, Lugnut swimming, but later on in the day was when my...er...problem developed.  I've been benching it ever since. 

When you have an injury...especially this close to a race...better to err on the side of caution.  Yes, my pace may suffer a bit from taking a week off...so be it.  At least, I'll be running.

...and yes, it's official.  As of this past Monday, I am entered into the Elizabethton Covered Bridge 5K!  I'm very excited to run this one again....it's the same one I ran five years ago as my first race ever.  I doubt I'll improve on my time, but it'll be a great start!

And in the meantime...after several weeks of very little progress, I stepped on the scale this morning to a four pound loss. 150+ days into this thing, my no-gain streak is still alive and well!

This also means that I have now officially lost over 50 pounds...AND I've not only hit a new decade, but I've lowered my BMI down another point to 33!!  Triple score!! 

So...even though I've had to miss three runs (counting today's), things are still rolling right along here, and I couldn't be more pleased.  Still feeling strong....still GOING strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment