Saturday, January 5, 2013

Week One Reckoning


This is what 100 pounds of body fat looks like.  Judging by the way my body looks and feels, I tend to believe it...or maybe I don't, because it actually looks like it should be more.  Either way, it's a fairly good representation of what needs to come off my body in the long run.  I've got a long road ahead of me, but  I do know I'll get there.  As disgusting as this picture is, (it's one that my daughter was kind enough to share to my facebook page), it's also a really good wake-up call for me.  This is what I've done to my body...just from not being mindful, from not being vigilant.  And it hurts to  think that I could actually not love myself enough on some level to let this happen...to let this mass accumulate on my frame and actually have to carry it around every single day.
It's a slow process to get that way, and it will be an even slower process to get it off. Maybe not so much in my body, but most definitely in my head....because that, I believe, is where the most fat actually IS.  Regardless....I've made a start, and am happy that I am down 6.6 pounds this morning.  Some of it may be water weight, but I know that not all of it is. I'm already feeling...and seeing...changes in my body, and I also know that a lot of the weight I've lost has been replaced by muscle.  So I've probably lost more than what the scale shows.  I'll take it.  Every day, and twice on Sunday, I'll take it.  It's a great step forward, and a good feeling that I am on my way!


No comments:

Post a Comment