Monday, January 7, 2013

Weekend Wrap-up

I was really fortunate this weekend, in some respects, because the weather, although chilly, turned out to be quite nice.  Much nicer than originally anticipated, in fact.  That was a nice bonus, since we had planned to spend the day with our two oldest grandsons.  Knowing that I would be traveling, I planned accordingly (SO proud of that!) and took all my food for the day.  Since I had already done my day 1 workout on Friday night, I planned on Saturday being a free day (even though I didn't really want one), and then I would do my day 2 workout on Sunday afternoon.
As things turned out, we actually had time on our hands Saturday afternoon, and the boys suggested we go hiking on the town's river walk.  I was overjoyed, because I've been on this particular walk, and 1) it's beautiful and interesting, 2) it is perfect for what I needed...a walk on level ground), and 3) allowed me to sneak in my workout and still hang out with the boys...so I wouldn't need the 'day off' after all!  Color me happy on that, so we started off with a bang, and got an even bigger treat when we all discovered that the trail had been expanded, and was almost doubled in length. 
All in all, I got a nice hour and a half walk in, with time enough to explore cool things with the boys, too.  The bad part was that Poppy got sick and couldn't be a part of the day, but Rick and I had a great time, came back home very contented with the days activity, and armed with a plan to go back down in a month.
Sunday was pretty much spent doing odd chores, but I did get my workout in Sunday afternoon, and so for me, the weekend was a success.  I'm very happy with my progress so far, and very happy that I was able to stay on course for the entire weekend, work around whatever issues I came against without straying from my plan.  I say my plan, because it IS *MY PLAN*, not someone else's that I'm trying to adhere to.  I love that. And I love the fact that I am finally accepting that I am in control of me....not anyone else.  If I rise or fall, it's me that's calling the shots, so just like I have no one but myself to blame if I fail, I also have no one else to praise but myself when I succeed.  That is something that I can totally own.

No comments:

Post a Comment