Tuesday, January 1, 2013

7 Goals for 2013...

One of the jewels I found last year was a super inspiring blog by Mary at www.asmallloss.com. I love that she struggles, but refuses to let her struggles stop her.  She finds a way to overcome.  Hers is a work in progress....and she never ceases to inspire me. 

Today, she posted this:

The Day Zero Project (the folks behind the 101-in-1001 lists) have issued a resolution-based writing prompt: seven goals for 2013. I've decided to do two, one here for health and fitness goals, and one over at Kosher Lasagna for my pregnancy/parenting/religious goals. Here are their prompts:
 
  • Learn how to... [A new skill or hobby]
  • Start [Develop a habit]
  • Stop [Break a habit]
  • Take a vacation to... [Where would you most like to vacation to?]
  • Find [What are you looking for?]
  • Try [One new thing you want to try]
  • Be more [A personal characteristic to improve]
So, Mary....here are MY answers:
  • Learn how to run properly...at more than just a jog.
  • Start shopping for clothes for myself RIGHT NOW (something I haven't done in a very long time), instead of waiting until I've lost weight...when I 'deserve' it.
  • Stop using my weight (or my past) as a cop out to try new things.
  • Take a vacation to Atlantic Beach, NC.  I need to see the ocean, and it's been years.
  • Find the drive that I need to go the distance.
  • Try day hiking the Appalachian Trail.
  • Be more active, not just physically, but in every aspect of my life.
Here's to a fabulous 2013 for us both!

No comments:

Post a Comment