Saturday, January 1, 2011

1/1/11....Here's to new beginnings!

Beginning weight: 238.2

This is the year of 1. As in ONE. As in UNITY, but also as in SELF. There is so much power in that number, in so many ways! So here's to this year....the most fabulous year of my life!

This morning, I started off with several cups of coffee (my usual) and a hard-boiled egg...yum. Actually, it wasn't bad....just not filling. That was at 7:45 and by 10:30, I was starving, so I ate a Kellogg's Fiber Plus bar (Chocolate Chip...mmm) and a glass of milk, which has sustained me from eating my own liver, thank God. It is now 1:37.

I have been trying to stick to a low-carb diet. I say 'trying' in the loosest possible term, because my heart's not been in it. I have slowly watched my weight creep back up the scale this year, and it scares me. You would think that it would be extra motivation to have Keith at home....I think it's actually worked against me. Either way, I mean to get to the bottom of it this year. If I have a New Year's resolution, that would be it.

Today is Saturday, which is my free day....within reason. I'm heading out the door for takeout mexican, and I'll report the dirty details later on tonight.

Ok, so for lunch, I ordered a Speedy Gonzalez (translation: one enchilada, one beef taco, and beans) with a tamale, which I split with the hubz, along with the complementary order of chips. I topped all this with two mini Hershey's Special Dark bars....which are a bit bigger than the bite-size. I am now completely sated, and sipping black coffee, with every intention of spending the rest of my day in a completely sedentary state...i.e. curled up on the couch in front of the tv, alternating with the computer.

Now....how do I feel about this meal? If I'm honest....pretty damned good. Why? Because I got to pick it and eat it uninterrupted and guilt-free. It was decadence at its finest. Even though I know that it was probably a bazillion calories and not healthy at all...I still relished every bite. And to make it worse, I have no intention at all of trying to burn any of it off today. None.

This doesn't make ANY sense whatsoever. Conclusion: I need help.

Finished off what turned out to be a very late night with a bowl of homemade chicken and rice soup, courtesy of my MIL around 6:30pm, accompanied by a large handful of ritz crackers. For the record....I wanted neither the soup, nor the crackers. I ate them because I could...because it was my free day, and if I didn't eat it then, I wouldn't get any. Deprivation is not my strong suit.

Several hours later, I ate several handfuls of Creme Brulee almonds. Went to bed, exhausted and wired for sound after God knows how much coffee, at 2am.

A memorable first day.

No comments:

Post a Comment