Thursday, January 6, 2011

Day 6: Thursday

Oh, happy day! Although my breakfast was the same this morning, thanks to my MIL's generosity and them going out of town until Monday, I got to have a different LUNCH today! Doing my best to get creative, I brought some home made pimiento cheese and one piece of bread for lunch, and ate the rest of the beef jerky bites and a hard-boiled egg for my snack.


Oh....and a packet of hot cocoa mix that was lurking in my desk from Christmas. Don't ask.


Suffice it to say my desk is now OFFICIALLY empty of all food....junk, or otherwise.


Forgot to mention yesterday that Keith has begun working with me to improve my balance, I think as a precursor to learning Tai Chi. I hope so....I've always wanted to learn such a beautiful art, and God knows I could use it. I've always been the most uncoordinated person in the room.


Headed home....may stop for some hot coffee on the way. Then again, maybe not.

I didn't stop...a mild breakthrough of some sort....electing instead to head straight home. Tried a new recipe for crawfish pasta for dinner, in which the only really objectionable ingredient was the pasta, itself. Otherwise, it contained garlic, onions, a bit of butter, crawfish, mushrooms, asparagus, a bit of cheese, and some spices in what SHOULD have been a heavy cream base, but wound up being a sour cream base instead, lol. Gotta use what you have at hand. Still....pretty good, although it could have used a LOT more crawfish. Maybe some andouille sausage, too....yumm!

To bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment