Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2, but the first REAL one. Sort of.

Ok....so we got up late this morning. Got lazy and stayed in bed. So shoot me, it's Sunday, y'know? And after the day we had yesterday, believe me, we deserved it. Despite what it sounded like, yesterday was anything BUT lazy.

Once I was up, we weighed ourselves....a task that will going forward be reserved for Saturday nights.

Keith: 180.?
Me: 232.0

Can I just say...for the record....how effing embarrassing it is to know that you weigh a whopping 50+ lbs more than your spouse? It's humiliating.

It should be noted that when I weighed the other day, it was with all my clothes on, after I'd eaten....probably not the most accurate weight. I'm thinking this one is probably a better measurement.

I made a really good breakfast of scrambled cheese eggs, turkey bacon and toast with honey, the toast being pumpernickel. Keith made coffee while I was in the shower. And we ate around noon...the first meal of the day. Hmm.....I'm thinking that's probably not a good pattern for general use, but what the hey...it's still the holiday weekend!

I have no plans today, other than to veg in front of the tv, watching football games, answering emails and updating my other blog. My big chore for the day is laundry, which Iwill probably do later this afternoon, if I can work up the energy. This is the day I wanted to have yesterday, but was robbed of, due to getting in the 'new year's budget/planning' zone...ugh. Fortunately, that's all done now....thank God.

More later.

So we wound up having to go out....which turned out to be a very good thing, but we wound up eating at Burger King about 4:30pm. I had a grilled chicken sandwich on ciabatta bread, with apple fries and a diet coke. I also snuck a regular fry out of Keith's bag, which I got fussed at for, but was really Not Sorry, although I should have been.

Later, about 7:30, I had a serving of sunflower seeds. So ends day two. Tomorrow will be my first day of Regular Life, back in the work grind. Should be interesting, to say the least. Overall, though...I'd have to say that I'm pretty much pleased with my progress today.

....french fry notwithstanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment