Monday, February 23, 2015

Back on Track

Oh, boy.  I never thought I'd say this, but does it EVER feel good to be back on schedule!!!  I didn't realize how terrible I felt having to fudge on my food last week.  And I'm not just talking about physically or emotionally....I'm talking about ALL of it! 

I went by the store Saturday night on my way home from work and picked up just the essentials I would need to get through the next few days, thinking it would be hard to get back in the swing of things after eating 'real' food so much last week.  But I found I was actually looking forward to getting back on track, and my body breathed a big sigh of relief all day yesterday, knowing that I was not going to have to angst about sliding back on my hard-earned weight loss.  I've got the momentum going right now, and I sure don't want to lose it!  Even though I haven't been able to exercise at all, that hasn't bothered me nearly as much as not being on point with my food.  I feel that as long as I have that under control, the exercise (at this point, at least) is kind of incidental.

I know there will come a time (and very, very soon!) that this will not be the case.  But as long as I can at least get through the worst of the Winter weather, I'll be ok.  After all...this is a lifestyle change, not a temporary fix.  And that means that I will be exercising for the long haul, long after my food goes to maintenance levels.

Still....I just can't wait for Spring to get here!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment