Saturday, February 7, 2015

My First Milestone

I was so excited when I jumped on the scale yesterday, I just KNEW I was gonna see a loss!  And I really felt that I was going to find myself back in that 3lb-a-week thing that I'd seen the first time I was on this plan 8 (holy cow, has it REALLY been that long??) years ago.  But with the lack of exercise this week, I just wasn't sure if I would see it register on the scale.  I was hoping for two pounds...just enough to hit my first 20 lb. milestone....but I was secretly hoping for three. 

I was not disappointed!! All my hard work is paying off.  I hit my milestone, stayed on course, even with a bum ankle, and I got my 3 lbs!  Not only that, but I was also .2 (please note the point...that's important) lbs away from being in my next decade.  I am so stoked right now!!

Hopefully, I can get my workouts back on track this week.  We're having a momentary break in the nasty weather right now, and although it's still very cold, at least it's not raining or snowing.  I'm working overtime today, which means I'm in town.  So I'm going to try to sneak in a bit of a walk sometime today.  I have errands to run this afternoon, so I want to do it before it gets dark, and right now, it gets dark pretty darned early.

I sure will be glad when spring gets here.  Not only will the weather be warmer, but the days will be longer, too...which will make it much easier to get my walks/runs in after work!

No comments:

Post a Comment