Thursday, February 12, 2015

It's the Little Things

Yesterday went pretty well.  I only deviated once from my eating (not cashews, thank God!), and that was on the way home from work.  I worked over really late last night, and wanted to pick something up on the way home so I could eat on the road, and save time when I got home.  I was so tired, I just wanted to go to bed.

So, I thought hard and then stopped by Chick-Fil-A and got a grilled chicken sandwich on whole wheat with just lettuce and tomato....no mayo.  It was the healthiest option, and the lowest in calories that I could actually eat while driving, and I may just do it again tonight....although I do have to weigh in the morning.  Hmm...

Anyway, no walking yesterday...again.  Hoping to change that SOON, because it's really starting to bug me.  But BY FAR, the COOLEST part of the day was the NSV I scored!

My mother in law has been really worried for months (maybe even years, who knows?) about my rings.  Even though they are not tight IN THE LEAST, they LOOK terrible, because my hands are so puffy and bloated (and FAT).  I've been wearing wide rings for so many years on my ring fingers, though, that there is a permanent groove on both of them.  The result is that even though they look like they're tight enough to cut circulation, they really turn very freely within the grooves.  Getting them off, though...holy cow, get the bone saw.  I literally haven't had my rings off in YEARS.

Yesterday, I was putting lotion on my hands and realized one of my rings was looser than normal. "Hmm", I sez to myself, and pulled.

The ring came right off!

I have a pic, but I'll have to add it later.

Anyway....that was the loosest of the two....my wedding band is a wee bit tighter, so it may take a bit more time to get it off. But I just kept thinking how proud my MIL will be when she sees!

No comments:

Post a Comment