Tuesday, February 10, 2015

On the Road Again...

Sunday was a recoup day for me, since it was really my only day off this weekend. We stayed busy fixing the wiring on my car so that the trailer light would work.  This caused me countless trips up to the house and back down to the car fetching/looking for stuff that my husband needed to complete this.  That was good for exercise...but my legs felt like noodles after we were done.  My food was good all day, though, except that I did have a couple of handfuls of whole cashews (sans salt) after dinner.  Even logging them in, and still falling under my calories for the day, I didn't feel really good about my decision....because they're not strictly on my plan, it kinda felt like cheating.

Didn't stop me from doing it again last night, though.  I still don't feel like it was a bad decision, as snacks go...but it does set a dangerous precedent, I'm thinking.  And definitely sets me on a path I do not want to go down at this stage.  So...no to more cashews in my immediate future.

Yesterday was more difficult for me.  I took a sick day and called in to work with a migraine, so that Keith and I could run up to KY to pick up a truck he bought on eBay.  Nice truck, and he's thrilled with it.  Problem is that it is very hard to travel (even for the day) on this program without packing a cooler, and almost impossible to eat on the road if I do pack it.  So yesterday, I ate my breakfast before leaving the house, and then stopped for my mid-morning snack (which consisted of a 6" breakfast sub from Subway...contents: grilled chicken and egg whites), and my lunch, which we stopped at Cracker Barrel for on the way home.  I had a grilled chicken salad, sans dressing, and no carbs at this meal, since I had eaten the bun from my sandwich earlier.  I had no mid-afternoon snack, and a light dinner, again with no carbs, then just the handful of cashews after. And only about three glasses of water, instead of my usual eight.

So....no total meltdowns, and fairly decent choices, I guess.  But I went a bit over my calorie allotment for the day on MFP, and I felt distinctly uncomfortable, knowing my food wasn't strictly on point.  I don't like that feeling, so it's back to regular programming with a vengeance today.  And I'm already feeling better!

No comments:

Post a Comment