Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Hump Day....in More Ways Than One.

Well, all my plans to walk/workout yesterday went south.  My ankle just never really felt solid, and I didn't want to risk it and make it worse, so I've decided to take the rest of the week off and just rest it.  On top of that, yesterday was a very rough day for me emotionally. I seemed to be very irritable and agitated all day, and even snapped (very loudly) at my co-worker.  In all fairness, she had it coming, but rarely am I not able to contain an outburst, even as outspoken as I am.  I'm usually fairly even-keeled, but yesterday, I just stayed on edge all day.  It didn't help that I couldn't go walk it off, but it's been seriously cold and icy/windy out this week, even snowy at times, and I just didn't want to risk it.  On top of that, I got home very late from working over, and barely had enough time to make dinner before bedtime.  Keith was sick last night, and couldn't eat the dinner I'd made him.  Being injured, I'm having to do a lot of extra stuff to care for him right now, and maybe that stress, combined with all my work stress is just taking its toll on me.  But I felt the INTENSE urge to cheat and snack last night after dinner.  I was still starving, and had a bag of multigrain chips in my hand before I even realized it.  I did take three.....and I did eat them.  But thankfully, I had the presence of mind to stop before I regretted it, and I went to freaking bed.

So....no lasting harm done. Other than my frayed nerves, I mean.  I still feel a bit....stressed....today, but better.  Overall, I'm really just hoping for a low-key day to help me unwind and get back to my normal, even-keeled self.  Keith has another Dr. appointment today, so I'm hoping for good news on that front, too.  He seems to be doing better, so fingers crossed for a good report.

No comments:

Post a Comment