Friday, February 13, 2015

I Heart Fridays

Fridays have always been my favorite day of the week.  The weekend hasn't started yet, and it's just stretching out before you, full of possibility.  And laziness....don't forget laziness.  That's the best part! :)

All kidding aside, I do love Fridays, so it's kind of amazing that it took so long to make it my weigh-in day.    This morning, I jumped on the scale, and as predicted, saw the 257 I was looking for...followed by a .8.  So I just did make it.  In total, I had a 2.5 lb. loss, which is a great accomplishment by any standards.  The problem was, I knew I could have...and should have...made 3, if I'd exercised too.  But I didn't.  That was my choice, and I have to live with that decision. Circumstances are all fine and good, but at the end of the day, they are just excuses.  No matter how busy we are, we make time for the things that are most important to us, and it's pretty obvious that exercise is not high priority to me right now.

That has got to change.  That mentality will not have me on the track in two weeks, and it will not satisfy my craving to be 'out there' as the weather warms up and spring calls my name.  Yes, I can lose this weight without having to exercise....but will I like the result?  Will I be able to live with the resulting flabby muscles along with the flabby skin I already know I'm going to have to deal with?  I can have surgery to remove excess skin.  But that muscle is permanent, and the lack of strength/resistance training is not helping my aging bones, either.

So...much more to consider here than whether my teeth have to chatter or not.  The temp is not predicted to rise above freezing today, but I've worn my long johns.  Let's see if I know how to put my money where my mouth (and mind) are.  After all...today is the start of a brand new week.  A week that will hopefully see me hit my first 25 lb. goal.

No comments:

Post a Comment