Thursday, January 29, 2015

Patience is Even More Important.

It occurred to me sometime Monday evening that I had partaken of a healthy dose of pickled asparagus for dinner Sunday night, and had munched on banana pepper rings on and off throughout the day....both loaded with sodium.  And it made me wonder if perhaps that was why the scale had registered such a low loss that morning.  Since I had made sure to stay on point all day on Monday and also drink all my water, I decided to go against my own rule and weigh again on Tuesday morning.

Voila!  A 3 lb loss.

In the words of Elvis, "Thaink yah vurra much."

I stayed home both Tuesday and Wednesday, partly due to crappy weather, and partly due to illness (both Keith's and my own).  Consequently, I did not walk either day, but I worked hard cleaning the house both days, and even climbed the stairs 20 times on Monday night when I got home...a marked improvement from the last time I did it.  Yesterday, I counted how many times I climbed them, just in the course of the day, and it was just short of that much....I felt pretty good about my activity levels after that. :)

Although I did skimp just a bit on my food both days, it was pretty much on point.  Today I'm going to do my best to get my walk in, because we are having company come in town on Friday, and my options will be limited this weekend.  I'm going to try to bank up as much as I can now, while I have the chance.

Oh....and I may change my weigh-in day to Fridays.

No comments:

Post a Comment