Thursday, January 8, 2015

There's a reason Phoenixes are associated with FIRE...

It's because they do not like cold weather. It's FREEZING this week, and I mean that literally.  Yesterday, I walked in 23 degree weather, doubly insulated, but still numb. Do. Not. Like.

Although my day was successful in all points (eating on track, all my fitness goals met), I did have a few things that I could have improved on.

Negatives:  The sub-freezing temps always bring a risk of our pipes freezing at home, and last night was no exception.  I had time when I got home to do all my prep work for today before I went to bed, and logic told me that's what I needed to do.  But Keith told me he would prep my food this morning while I was doing my normal routine, so I left it all to this morning and went to bed.  I did get a really good night's sleep in a warm and toasty bed, but this morning was a huge struggle with no water. So...lesson learned.  Stop procrastinating, and just get 'er dun next time.

Positives: Despite the frigid temps, I FREAKING DID IT. I just did it! I got out there and braved the cold that makes my bones ache, and I got my walking in, and I'm so proud of myself for that! And despite the frozen pipes this morning, we still managed to get me prepped for another successful day!  I'm doubly-insulated again, so I'm just not gonna think about the cold when I go walk today. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment