Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Home Again, Home Again, Jiggety Jig...

Back to work this Tuesday morning, and flying pretty high at the moment after a weekend way more successful than I'd even hoped for.

Saturday, I had a leisurely breakfast, followed by a 3 mile walk (more of a hike) with my daughter, Jessica and my dog, Luggie (who we took with us....he had to see his grandma).  My eating was on point all day, since we'd prepared well and taken with us what I needed.  Saturday night, we met Keith's cousin and his wife for dinner at Texas Roadhouse, where I 'splurged' with a dinner of grilled salmon (one of the two fish I'm supposed to stay away from because of their high fat content, the other being sea bass, which I never eat anyway), green beans, and a side salad with vinegar dressing, which I had to pick shredded cheese off of, because I'd forgotten that salads in restaurants come with cheese. Not too bad for an evening out....and I noticed that I didn't crave the delicious pre-dinner rolls or any of the appetizers...or even a bite of Keith's oh-so-juicy steak.

Sunday included another 3.25 mile hike with Jess and a fun evening at my mom's, playing cards.  While everyone else munched on the best looking pizza ever, I contented myself with a can of tuna and some steamed broccoli...probably my low point of the weekend, lol...but I got through it!

Yesterday was a day spent on the road, and I knew it would be the hardest one, since I'd have no opportunity to exercise, but I still did well with my eating.  Lunch was a business meeting for Keith at Ruby Tuesday, and I had a wonderfully tasty salad topped with salmon...no cheese, thank goodness, because I remembered this time.  Back on the road, where I ate the lunch I had packed after stopping at Wendy's for a baked potato, which I needed for my carb intake, since I'd had none all day.  And once we were back home, we stopped in town to have a bite at Beef O'Brady's before heading to the house.  While Keith downed chicken tacos, I munched on a fresh salad topped with a nice chicken filet, and arrived home feeling very smug.....but a bit concerned that due to my lack of exercise, the scale would not reflect any more of a loss this morning than it had last Friday morning when I weighed early before we left.

I was wrong!  As of this morning, I had dropped another 1.8 pounds, for a total of 3.2 pounds for the week!  Considering that it was week two, I'll take it All Day Long, and I will deem my first challenge a resounding success.

Negatives for the weekend:  I would have liked a bit more variety in the foods we did pack, but it would have been difficult, not to mention impractical to pack more than we did.  Also, my tree is still up. Just sayin'...

Positives:  I stayed the course, baby...and feel like a million bucks this morning, ready for week three!

No comments:

Post a Comment