Tuesday, January 13, 2015

Rain and Overtime

Yesterday, as predicted, was interesting.  I had planned to work an hour over, but wound up working two.  I kept watching the weather, hoping for a break in the rain, and never got it, but when I went to leave, it was dusk, and still misting lightly.  At that point, I had three choices: 

1) Throw in the towel (no way!)
2) Head for the gym and the Dreaded Treadmill (ugh!)
3) Suck it up and brave the elements.

Option #3 won.  Yes, I got a bit clammy, but I took my umbrella, and when the spitting rain became a heavier mist, I just cranked it up and sloshed on.  I finished up after dark....not adviseable, but even cold and damp, it was infinitely preferable to the treadmill.  There HAS to be something wrong with that logic, but I swear, I can't find it!

The important thing is that I won.  And even though it's colder and wetter outside today, I'm really looking forward to braving the elements again, and getting my workout done.  I've already made a contingency plan to do my Day One workout tonight instead, but for some reason, I'm just not feeling it.  I know I need to do it, but my body's just craving the walk instead.  Considering that we're going to be hitting the road on Friday night for a weekend trip to the ATL, I guess that's not a bad thing...get it while I can.  Still...it is easier to get a walk in while out of town than it is to get a workout in...especially when you have to pack extra equipment and you're staying in someone else's house.  Maybe I should go ahead and workout tonight, after all.

Gotta love January weather.  To quote Forest Gump, that's all I've got to say about that. 

Negatives:  Definitely the weather...double ugh!

Positives: Perseverance, baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment