Friday, January 16, 2015

Atlanta Bound....

Yes, even Phoenixes apparently fly south for the winter....sometimes. Yesterday's walk was cold, cold, cold...but I made it, and had an awesome sense of accomplishment on my way home. Unfortunately, the madness that was my workday yesterday caught up with me soon after dinner, and I headed for my bed an hour early.

I'm learning...by trial and error...to listen to my body, especially where rest is concerned.  Too often I've been guilty of pushing my need for rest to the back of the line, to the detriment of my health, and I'm really trying to work on improving that. So...early to bed, it was.

Just as well...I had an early morning, considering I had to pack my stuff for our weekend trip before I left for work. My biggest concern today was making sure I got my walking in, since we'll be flying largely by the seat of our pants for the next few days, so I elected to use a couple of hours of leave so I could get my walk in before Keith picked me up, and we could get on the road earlier than originally planned. This also helped with the more rest goal, since earlier arrival = more sleep time.

So...we're off on my first true test since starting this journey...can I survive the weekend intact? So far, so good. We already have a date to go hiking with our daughter, Keith packed enough food for me to last three days, and although we did stop for dinner on the road, I ate a tossed green salad topped with grilled chicken flavorful enough not to need any dressing...so I think I may just be OK.

Negatives: my tree is still up. And I'm not sorry.

Positives: Preplanning, and amazing support from my hubz has me feeling successful already, and we're not even there yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment