Monday, January 12, 2015

Monday, Monday...

Well, week one is in the books, and I feel satisfied that I am exactly where I thought I'd be at this point....about 7 and a half pounds down.  That's good for a first week, I think.  I could have pushed a little harder this weekend, but I elected to rest, instead.  My body's going through a big change right now...from lots of holiday excess to a very strict regimen of healthy fuel, plus a lot of added activity that it's not used to.  I won't lie...there have been quite a few times this past week that I've had the shakes, but I do think it's leveling out some.

This week, being the Dreaded Week Two, I plan on trying to step it up just a wee bit.  Not in my diet...it's doing just fine...but in my exercise.  I did not exercise this past weekend, so I'm going to try to do something all seven days this week.  My goal is not to lose, necessarily (although I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a loss next Monday), it is to keep my metabolism from trying to plateau this week as it tries to adjust to my new routine.  If I can do that, I believe it will set me up for good, steady success in the weeks to come.

I will have challenges this week that I didn't face last week, namely, a lot of overtime, and a lot of rain.  My plan is to stagger out my overtime so it affects my eating as little as possible, and to work in my workouts as well as I can during the day, whenever it's not raining, so I don't have to walk after dark (since I'm going to be leaving late every day).  And on the days that I still have walking left, I'll try to utilize the treadmills in the hospital gym to finish up.  They're boring, but effective, and right now, meeting my goal is the important thing.  Time enough to not be bored when the weather turns nice again.

Negatives for the weekend:  I would have liked to have done my workouts both days, but lack of energy won.  I'm trying not to beat myself up too much about it. 

Positives:  I do feel much better after two days of good rest.  I know my body needed it after such drastic changes last week, and I feel recharged for another successful week.  I've prepared for the day, so I know it will go well.

Onward and downward! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment